We take your privacy very seriously and are keen to ensure that you do not receive any unwelcome messages or spam as a result of your joining Okitter.ng
- We do not publish your email address on the web site
- You have complete control over any emails that Okitter sends you
- We do not share your details with any other company for marketing purposes
The policy below explains in detail how we manage your personal information:
Okitter.ng and "Okitter Classifieds" ("we" "our" "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites Okitter.ng and This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Okitter.ng, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report an issue or concern in connection with your use of Okitter or we have or receive a complaint or query about you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out via Okitter.
- Details of your visits to Okitter including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of the messages you send and receive using our messaging service including without limitation, when you sent or received a message and the contents of that message. We may (but are not obliged to) view the contents of any message whether or not you have viewed its contents. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Okitter or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes:
- exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- passing on your personal information to police and other governmental and regulatory bodies (such as Trading Standards);
- passing on your information to other Okitter users who confirm to us that they intend to issue proceedings or take legal action against you;
- releasing your user name and a general warning statement to other users where we have received a complaint or a number of complaints about you or we have reason to suspect that you have breached our terms and conditions.
We have no obligation to you to retain your data. However, we (or our internet service providers) where required to do so by the Data Retention (EC Directive) may retain in respect of each communication which you send using our Service for a period of 12 months from it being sent:
- data necessary to trace and identify the source of the communication which includes user ID information and the name and address of the subscriber or registered user to whom an Internet Protocol (IP) address, user ID or telephone number was allocated at the time of the communication;
- data necessary to identify the destination of a communication which includes the name and address of the subscriber or registered user and the user ID of the intended recipient of the communication;
- data necessary to identify the date, time and duration of a communication;
- the date and time of the log-in to and log-off from the internet e-mail or internet telephony service, based on a specified time zone;
- data necessary to identify the type of communication;
- information in relation to the internet service used;
- Data necessary to identify users' communication equipment (or what purports to be their equipment) such as the digital subscriber line (DSL) or other end point of the originator of the communication.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via http://www.Okitter.ng/contact
Okitter may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.